Sunday, June 08, 2008

Pay it Forward

Well, my friend Sarah did this thing on her blog where she asked people to recommend music in the "guest book", and she chose three winners from that. Given that I don't get a ton of notes on my blog, I'm not holding my breath for being able to choose 3 winners, but I'm going to try!

I'm looking for people to post a comment recommending a good book to read. Doesn't matter what kind it is (ficton, non-fiction, etc), I'm open to suggestions. After a few days, I'll randomly choose three winners, who will in turn get to pay it forward!

5 comments:

Louisa said...

Not sure I get the whole 'pay it forward' thing, but here are a couple book recommendations:

Nonfic: The World Without Us

Fic (romance): Anything by Susan Elizabeth Philips. I've been listening to her books on my iPod on the way to work each morning. It's a nice way to start the day. ;-)

Visichy said...

We have a book in our bathroom (that's where I do most of my reading these days LOL) called "Waterton and Glacier in a SNAP!"

It's perfect for a bathroom because it is filled with very short stories (average 1/2 a page) about the history and fun facts about Waterton and Glacier National Parks :)

Yeah, I didn't get the whole pay it forward thing either.... even on Sarah's blog.

Anonymous said...

The Twiglight Series by Stephanie Meyer! :):)They are amazing romanticy and deliciously vampirey :)

Anonymous said...

Well, you know I read more children's lit these days than adult stuff...so I suppose it's no surprise that I will recommend The Lightning Thief" by Rick Riordan(You should be familiar with/fond of Greek mythology to truly appreciate it).

As for adult fiction, "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtenay is supposed to be really good too. I have started it, but I put it down and got really busy and haven't actually finished it yet (the story of my life, eh?)

Anonymous said...

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold