Wednesday, April 30, 2008

200 Posts!

I've spent quite a bit of time today trying to come up with the ultimate blog post to celebrate my 200th post. But unfortunately, my inspiration has taken a road trip. What a bad day to have a brain fart!

Today was interesting. We just moved to new offices this week. The person that had this office prior to me did not turn in the key, so I'm waiting on the company lockshop to get me another one. It's actually against company policy to leave my door unlocked overnight, but there isn't any other choice. Well, last night either the cleaners or security locked my door. So when I got in this morning, I was locked out! We called security (who have a master key), but they didn't make it over until 11am. So I worked in am empty cubicle for the morning.

As if that wasn't enough, I grabbed a can of Diet Coke, since my water bottle was locked in my office. I don't normally drink Diet Coke before lunch, but I made an exception. As I was getting set up in the cubicle, I knocked the can over, and spilled it into my work bag. All over two new books, a magazine, and some documents. Talk about crummy luck!

Fortunately I managed to salvage my day, and it turned out to be a pretty good one. So that just goes to show that just because the day starts out on a sour note, that does not mean that it can't improve!

2 comments:

Visichy said...

Ack! What a run of bad luck. Glad it turned around for you though. Congratulations on making it to the big 2-0-0 :)

Louisa said...

A bad day always makes for a good blog post! :-) Congrats on getting to 200!