Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Thank you Sarah for "lending" this to me - I really appreciate taking a moment to think about what I'm thankful for every week. This week I can name one thing that I am supremely thankful for, and that's the SUN! I have been back in my office this week, instead of out on an audit, and the sun has shone through my big window every day this week. I am thankful that I had to close my blinds to reduce the glare on my computer monitor. I am thankful that I had to take my sweater off (it's like a blazer, I had a shirt on underneath) because the sun's rays were warming my back. I am thankful for slushy, slippery roads and walkways, because it means winter's tight grip is loosening.

I am also thankful for my dogs . . . I would say this every week if I didn't think that people would get sick of me, but these two animals really do restore my sanity on a daily basis (well, except on the days they chew computer cords or eat my dad's expensive leather shoes). When I've had a horrid day, I come home and they run to greet me like I'm the most incredible person on earth. After a meal, they come and sit beside me on the kitchen floor (it's a ritual, but I know it sounds weird) and push into me, to get closer. At night, I'm thankful for Farley's snores, because they mean that I have another day to look forward to with him. In the morning, I'm thankful for Grace's mad dash up the stairs (I personally think it's attempted murder, but they deny it), because it means she's healthy and agile and full of life.

I'm also thankful for the people (yes, I hope that's plural!) that read this blog, and allow me a creative outlet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your welcome! I agree with you on the sun... hopefully spring will come soon!