Friday, May 16, 2008

The Last Day

You know what I re-discovered today? That the last day of work before you start a vacation feels infinitely longer than any other work day. Yes, it is a scientifically proven fact (I'll get right on finding the research references for you LOL). Never mind that you can hardly sleep from the anticipation, but then you're also dying inside to be done work. I think that's true regardless of how much you love your job.

Case in point - I really do love my job. And right now I'm very busy, which makes the time just fly by. But today, even though I was doing stuff all day long, the time dragged by. Seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. The funny thing is that I'm not even leaving for 2 more days . . . so the excitement is only going to grow.

I love the feeling of anticipation that comes with a vacation. It makes me feel like a 5 year old all over again!

No comments: