Monday, November 27, 2006

Winter Roads Part 2

So I'm back from my girls' weekend in Edmonton, and I'm happy to report that we had a fabulous time! But the winter roads were worse than I had initially feared. There was plenty of ice and snow, and the big truck drivers just make visibility even crappier. Driving down wasn't too bad, because we were all excited about the weekend and so we were chatting. Today was a different story - we were all mentally and physically exhausted from the shopping. But oh! the shopping!

All of us had successful money-spending weekends :) I spent less than I had planned, but I can't say that that's a bad thing! I did get the new black shoes I wanted, and I was also able to pick up the last few things on my holiday shopping list. It's nice to be done Christmas shopping before December has even arrived! The Pathfinder wasn't too full, so I guess we could have done more damage, but I think we were all done for this trip.

Anyhow, if anybody is contemplating travel on highway 63, I say STAY HOME! The roads just aren't worth braving right now, especially when you couple them with some reckless driving. I'm glad to be home!

No comments: