Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Never A Dull Moment

Yep, life is exciting around here. I can't imagine what it would be like any other way. I might get bored.

Friday night, before I left for Edmonton, Farley threw up on the bed. I have to admit that I didn't really think a lot of it, I just thought he'd eaten something. Well, he threw up several more times over the day, so I had my mom withhold food for 24 hours, to give his system a chance to rest. He seemed better on Sunday, so I tried not to worry. When I got home yesterday, he had thrown up again and also had diarrhea. So, off to the vet he went this morning (with my dad).

Several hundred dollars later (x-rays, barium x-rays, bloodwork and subQ fluids), it appears that there is nothing wrong with Farley that can be pinpointed. The vet sent us home with kaopectate and instructions to return if he doesn't improve. He has his medicine and is now resting. Definitely not as perky as normal, but hopefully on the road to recovery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, I was worried about him. Hopefully he is on the quick road to recovery.

Visichy said...

Poor Farley-boo. Give him a big (but gentle) hug and kiss from his Auntie Vicky :)