Saturday, April 11, 2009

Milestones

So, on March 23rd I "celebrated" 5 years of being employed at the same place. Normally that wouldn't really seem like much of an accomplishment, but in this day and age of job changes, it's not bad. When I sit back and think about it, it certainly doesn't feel like I've been there for 5 years. It feels like I just started a couple of years ago. The time has gone by quickly. Of course, for half of that, I was working on my MBA, and most of that time is a blur.

I got a nice, hand-signed letter from the CEO of the company I work for (http://www.syncrude.come) and I get to choose a milestone gift from Birks (the jewellry store). Not everything is made by Birks, but I guess they handle the awards. Because I also have 5 years of safe work, I get to choose an award for that as well. The choice for that was easy, as there are only 9 awards to choose from. I picked a really nice Victorinox Swiss Army Knife/Tool set. Choosing from the awards for 5 years of service is tougher. Still, how nice to have a choice . . . many companies don't offer gifts.

No other real milestones to talk about today . . . it's been a beautiful spring day, with warm weather and blue skies. I spent half of the day with 3 of my nieces and my mom, and I spent the other half of the day grooming my monsters (the youngest two). Can't complain, that's for sure!

Happy Easter to my blog readers, and thanks for reading my rants, musings and weird notes.

No comments: