Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Job Specifics

Okay, now that everything is hammered out, I can finally share the details about my new job at Syncrude :) This is a position change within the company - I am not changing companies.

I will be working on the SAP project (to install SAP as our base system on top of Windows) starting on May 11th. Rather ironically, I will be returning to the trailer that I worked in 2 years ago, and maybe even to the same office! I will be a Project Manager Analyst, or Project Coordinator. I will work as a liaison between Syncrude and Exxon for the project, and will be familiar with both sets of systems. SAP is a program that includes all aspects of the business from purchase to pay (ERP, if you're familiar with the industry term), so it is going to be a MAJOR change for employees at Syncrude. It's a huge project, and I will get lots of exposure, so it's a great opportunity.

Wish me luck on my new adventure - it should be very interesting!

1 comment:

Visichy said...

Good luck! Sounds like a great opportunity.