Monday, March 30, 2009

On The Road

Ya know, there's nothing like driving for four hours and entertaining a kid. Granted, she's a really well-behaved kid, but still . . . I listened to a song about gummy bears over and over and over again. It's a techno song (or something like that) and I think I'll be hearing the beat for days on end, in my waking and sleeping hours.

Thankfully, my best friend made up a snack bag for my niece, so she had things to eat. She got a lot of mileage out of the goldfish crackers - at one point she was pretending they were boots and finger puppets. I really don't quite remember ever being that creative. She really did a great job entertaining herself, for the most part.

I have realized that my music choices on my iPod are not always appropriate for 4 year olds. My niece is now telling everybody that Britney Spears' "Womanizer" is her favourite song. Great. Double great LOL Mix into that some Mamma Mia as well as this Gummy Bear song. The excitement was overwhelming!

Anyhow, I'll be back on the highway on Thursday . . . taking my niece home and heading out to another dog show. After that I might be all dog showed out.

1 comment:

Visichy said...

Sounds like you did great... except for maybe the Womanizer part LOL. FWIW, I have Womanizer on my iPod too so you, me, and the 4 year old are all cool :)