Friday, March 27, 2009

Monsters vs. Aliens

First of all, I wanted to clarify that while I'm heading to Pomona, CA in July, none of the dogs are making the trip with me. It's almost impossible to fly dogs into California at that time of year due to the temps, and I would rather just sit back and enjoy the show than have to worry about grooming and nerves and everything else. So Farley, Grace and Jack Jack will be staying with my parents while I travel. Thanks for the vote of confidence though!

Tonight I went to see the latest Disney Pixar release, Monsters vs Aliens. I was lucky enough to be able to see it in 3D. Now, I may lead a very sheltered life, but I have never seen a movie in 3D before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Let me tell you, it's COOL! They give you these glasses (not the blue and red ones that you use to read 3D comic books - these are grey), and it just makes everything pop right off the screen! I really enjoyed that aspect of it.

The movie is filled with laughs and grown-up humour. We went with a 4 and a 5 year old, and I'm pretty sure that 85% of everything was a bit too mature for them. Maybe more. Personally, I thought it was hilarious (highlights include Seth Rogen as a blob of jelly and Stephen Colbert as the US President). The cast is excellent, and full of stars. I laughed a lot.

If you enjoy Disney and/or Pixar presentations, I recommend seeing this one. Don't go in with high expectations of the plot or character development - it is Disney after all. But do expect a fun movie that is entertaining for kids and adults alike.

1 comment:

Visichy said...

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the recommendation :)