Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Godspeed

Today I got the news that a friend of mine lost his battle with cancer. I knew he was sick and had heard that he was in hospice care, but somehow the news was still surprising to me. I think maybe it was because I had just come back to my office from lunch, and was in a completely different frame of mind. In any case, I'm thankful that his family notified his friends. It was a caring gesture.

I can't make it to the memorial party. Yes, they're having a party and not a service. It's definitely what he would have wanted. The drive is just too long, and with heading out of town for work on Tuesday, the timing is the pits. So this blog entry is my way of wishing him Godspeed. I'm glad that he's not suffering, and I know he's in a better place. But saying goodbye still sucks, no matter how a person looks at it (well, it sucks for me, anyhow).

Kevin, I wish you Godspeed. You are in the hands of angels. You will never be forgotten, and I will always smile when I think of our visits and conversations. Nobody has a better sense of humour than you had! Take care of those of us that are left down here.

2 comments:

Visichy said...

How sad. I'm sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was quite a guy if they are throwing a party for him. Hugs :)

Louisa said...

That's a beautiful tribute. Hugs.