Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Well, even though I did the Thankful Alphabet earlier this week, I'm going to try and come up with a good Thankful Thursday post as well. Goodness knows that I have plenty to be thankful for . . . it's just writing about it without sounding sappy and trite that's a challenge.

Today I'm thankful for my new boss. I know, I know, that sounds trite right off the bat. But it's true. My old boss was very good - don't get me wrong. He was fair, honest and good to work for. But my new boss is kind of like a breath of fresh air. Not only is he very approachable and fair, but he is also very friendly. It's funny, but you don't realize how much that can make a difference until you get exposed to it after a long "dry spell." My old boss was certainly friendly too, but he was from the old school of management, which prescribes a clear line between employer and employee. It was never uncomfortable, but with the new boss it's just really nice. He eats lunch with us every day, and takes an interest in our lives (just like we're interested in his, since he moved here from Australia for the job).

He's open to discussion, even casual conversation. He makes a point of greeting everybody every day, and ensuring that he has time to meet with you regarding any issues or concerns you might have. He keeps up to date with your progress on various tasks, and provides advice and support as needed. I know - he sounds like a paragon!

So far, I'm really enjoying the new boss, and I look forward to working with him over the next couple of years.

Enjoy your weekend! I'm headed out of town for an overnight trip, so there'll be lots of driving, but plenty of fun too!

No comments: