Friday, July 18, 2008

Telus rant

Let me just start off by saying that until now, I've never really had an issue with Telus. Oh, there have been small incidents over the past 10 years or so, but nothing that was enough to make me want to rant about it in a public forum. That has changed.

Last weekend, while driving home from Edmonton, my cell phone died. I really have NO idea what happened - I checked it before we left and everything was fine. Then, I tried to check it while stopped for construction, and it wouldn't work. Those of you that know me know that I rely on my phone a LOT. So my mom and I stopped at the Telus dealer on the way into the city.

They told me that they'd have to order in a phone for an advance swap, and that they'd then send this one out for evaluation. They told me it would take 3-5 business days for the swap phone to come in. Here it is, 5 business days later, and there's no sign of the new phone. When I called the store, the girl seemed to care very little that my life is being disrupted by the lack of a phone (they don't offer loaner phones). In fact, she almost (but not overtly) seemed to take pleasure in telling me that it might be in on Monday. Maybe.

This is really pissing me off - forgive the vulgar language, but seriously. It's a complete inconvenience, and nobody gives a darn at all. I hope, beyond all reasonable hope, that the phone is in on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh... how I can sypathize with you. If I had another option than Telus then I would go with it. I can't wait for the day that shaw/rodgers/ect come out to Raymond... I will pray for your phone, but from experience, don't expect much. I can send Howard the Hassle your way if you wish! Sorry - I might be taking a bit of joy from your pain... just knowing that it happens to someone other than me is a bit self-satisfying... sorry, a bit :)

Visichy said...

I've had issues with telus too. Not in a while though which is why I still have cell service with them. Hopefully it all works out for you and your new phone is even better and all your cell phone dreams come true :)