Monday, June 01, 2009

Disappointed

Today I found out that as of the end of June, the location that the training school I work for will no longer be available to us. The landlord has decided that they can make better use of the space than we are. Big, big bummer . . . I finally get into teaching classes and now they will be no more.

Fortunately, agility training can continue, out at the horse barn where the more advanced classes train. So Gracie-Lou won't miss out on any training there. But I don't know what'll happen to the obedience classes. They can be held outside in the summer, depending on the weather, but winter is another story entirely.

Other than that it was a good, busy day at work. Lots to do and still so much to learn. After three weeks, I can say that I feel comfortable with my role, but I'm aware that I have much to learn. That's not a bad place to be, in a new job.

Have a good one folks!

2 comments:

Visichy said...

That really sucks. Thinking back on the places I've taken obedience classes (if you are looking for ideas)....
Community Centers
Private facilities (a dog person with land & building)
Church basement
College lawn/field (that was agility though)

Claire's agility class is held at a dog boarding facility (lots of space outdoors... not sure about indoors).

It really sucks that the landlord did that. I hope you find a new venue.

{Sarah} said...

That sucks! Hope you find some place else that will work for you :)