Saturday, January 31, 2009

Recommended Reading

First of all, sorry for not checking in earlier this week. Life is really hectic right now, since I'm teaching three classes (two Rally O and one obedience) and taking a class with Grace. I'm out several days a week for dog school now. This week I also went and saw Marley & Me with some friends, so that was another night out. It's a great movie, by the way. I highly recommend it. Just don't leave your Kleenex at home.

I wanted to recommend a great book that I borrowed from a co-worker - it's called "Outliers" and it's written by Malcolm Gladwell. He's written two other great books (Blink and The Tipping Point), so I knew this one would be interesting. It's about success, and why some people succeed while others don't. Most people think that successful people get where they are by hard work and perseverence . . . and while that plays a part, that's not all of it. It's a really interesting book, and I highly recommend it.

Right now I'm reading "Water For Elephants" by Sara Gruen, about a guy that joins the circus. It's really interesting, and I'm having a heck of a time putting it down to get stuff done!

I'll try to be better about posting next week . . .

1 comment:

Louisa said...

I love MG's books! I read the first two, and I just got Outliers, though I haven't started reading it yet.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out this video (17 mins) of a TED speech he gave back in 2004. It's entertaining and brilliant!

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/malcolm_gladwell_on_spaghetti_sauce.html