Thursday, March 22, 2007

This should be fun

So, after four days back at work, my foot is actually about as sore as it was last week. I suspect that if I was still working from home, with my foot up most of the day, it would be improving. But it's not realistic to expect to be able to work from home for forever . . . and it's not like I'm immobile, just gimpy and slow. My mom bought me a cream from the health food store called "Traumeel" with arnica and other healing agents, so I'm using that twice a day. Hopefully it's helping.

This weekend I'm off to a dog show. It's Grace's first show, and I've been looking forward to it for ages now. I entered her almost as soon as I could, and have been impatiently waiting for this weekend to arrive. Now I'm not even 100% sure that I'm going to be able to do a decent job of showing her with this stupid limp. This is so frustrating! I don't particularly want to hand her off to somebody else, because I want to make sure that her first show experiences are pleasant ones. If somebody else is showing her, I have no control over what happens. And I'm not good at relinquishing control, as anybody that knows me is aware.

So, wish me luck and wish Grace luck. Hopefully she shows well despite her handicap (me!), and we have fun. What more can we ask for?

2 comments:

Louisa said...

Good luck Gracie! Good luck Gimpy!

Visichy said...

I can't wait to hear results :)