Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sounds familiar . . .

So, those of you that have been faithful blog readers may remember me getting into the "gym" thing last year. You might even remember my adventures with the elliptical machine (fondly called the machine of death by my mom and I LOL). Well, on Friday morning, I thought I'd get back on the machine of death. When I last went to the gym (in April 2006), I was up to about 25 minutes on the elliptical machine. So I figured I'd do like 10-15 minutes on it, and then call it a day. HAH! After 2 minutes I was sure I was having a heart attack . . . by the time I made it to 5 minutes (my hastily-revised goal), I was sure death was only a ragged, gasping breath away. Funny, yesterday wasn't really any better. Today is a break day, otherwise my legs will take off through the night, leaving me without mobility.

So I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle . . . so far so good, but it's only been a couple of weeks. Everything's easy for a couple of weeks. It's keeping it up that's hard. I want to fit into my nice brown dress for Vicky's wedding in May, and I just want to look nice for the spring/summer dog show season. That's gonna take some work.

2 comments:

Visichy said...

That's awesome that you are going on the machine of death again LOL. Sounds like it is set on too high a level if you can only do 5 mins... can you reduce the tension on it and go for longer? I'm sure you'll look fabulous in May... I'm hoping for the same LOL!

Louisa said...

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly. How many times am I going to have to remind people that the best way to avoid pain is to keep your ass on the sofa? Properly supported, after a while you hardly even notice gravity anymore.