Sunday, October 15, 2006

Home Again

Well, I've actually been home for almost a week now, but several things have kept me from posting. Worst of all, I got food poisoning on the way home from Toronto, and was sicker than a dog on Tuesday. I pretty much thought I was going to die. It was gross! And then we had dinner with my cousin on Wednesday night, and I had a meeting on Thursday night and a play to go see on Friday night. Yesterday I worked at a friend's art gallery and groomed a dog last night. Phew! It's been crazy here!

Toronto was awesome . . . spending time with Ange is always amazing, and this was no exception. When she picked me up at the airport, it was cool. I was walking towards the baggage carrells, and Ange was walking towards me . . . it was almost like one of those romantic movies where two people are walking towards each other in slow motion. Minus the romance, of course. Thursday we spent the day with her class at the Toronto Zoo. Let me tell you, if you want to sleep well, spend the day with 20 young kids (7-8 years old) at a fun place. I was so exhausted I could hardly think afterwards, but it was a really fun day. The kids were well-behaved, for the most part, and I always enjoy trips to the zoo.

Friday we took Billy to the airport. This was the one negative of my trip. I don't think I've ever posted it here, but I don't like Air Canada at all. I had to book Billy's flight through them, though, to get a direct flight from Toronto to Philadelphia. So in early September I phoned to book the flight, got the confirmation number, and assumed everything was fine. Silly me! When we got to the cargo office (and getting there was an adventure in itself), the guy at the counter told me that Billy wasn't booked on a flight at all. ARGH! I was ticked off, but I decided to just suck it up, since the guy was being so helpful. So we got Billy booked on to the next flight, and after a nice long walk, I left him in good hands. The fellows in cargo were very kind and friendly, so I felt okay with things. I called Billy's mom to let her know of the changes, and left it at that. Later in the afternoon I was a bit curious as to why I hadn't gotten a call from Billy's mom about his arrival, but I figured that she was spending time with him.

We get back to Ange's place, where the reception on my cell isn't that great. By now it's after 5pm, and Billy should have been with his new mom for a couple of hours. I was a bit peeved that I hadn't heard anything, and was about to call her. That's when I got a voice mail from another friend, telling me that Billy was still in Toronto!!!!!!!! I saw red, my blood pressure went off the scale, and I was so angry! Apparently the earlier flights to Philly had been cancelled, and NOBODY had called either myself or Billy's mom. He ended up not getting to Philly until 7pm, and he was stuck in his crate even longer, because his mom had to go to the main terminal at the airport to do the customs clearances. I will NEVER fly Air Canada again as long as I have an option. This was a disgusting experience for me!

Friday night Ange and I played Euchre with her parents. We played well, but still ended up losing. I was a bit distracted, but still . , , we just weren't getting the cards ;) On Saturday we went to Ange's brother's place for Thanksgiving dinner. The food was amazing, we all ate like pigs. I'm not usually a huge fan of turkey, but theirs was to die for. It was a really nice visit, I enjoyed spending time with Ange's brother and sister-in-law. I got to meet their daughter who just turned 1, and goodness, is she ever sweet!

Sunday was the big day . . . in the morning we went to Ange's church, which was nice. But Sunday night was . . . Wicked!!!!!!!! It was everything that I've ever imagined it could be. The vocals were incredible, the band was awesome, and I loved every single second of it. It was worth the wait, and I can't imagine ever having seen it with anybody but Ange. It was a wonderful experience.

Monday we spent some time with Ange's friends, and it was nice to see them again. We had fun, which we always do when we get together. And I spent the rest of the day getting my stuff together and trying to fit it all in. We looked at Ange's parents' pictures from their trip to Scandinavia, and we played some cards. And we ate a wonderful meal. Tuesday I made the long journey home.

So that's the trip to Toronto in a nutshell. A big, wordy nutshell. But I wanted to share the whole nine yards.

1 comment:

Visichy said...

Glad you're home. Glad you're safe. I too will never fly with Air Canada again (after the one non-refundable trip I have had planned for a while). Sorry that part of the trip sucked. See ya soon :)