Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Blinders

Why is it that some people have blinders on? Which means that no matter what you try to tell them, they won't listen? I find that so frustrating that I almost over-compensate, and try too hard to see the other side of a situation. I'm in the middle of a situation that seems very divided - one side against the other, for lack of better descriptive words. But in all honesty, if everybody took a really hard look, I think the "answer" is somewhere in the middle. I really don't think any one person is more right or wrong than the other, it's the perceptions that are skewed. It's very irritating to be in a situation like this, because the people on the "other" side don't seem at all interested in trying to meet halfway.

There isn't any real answer in this situation, other than people agreeing to disagree. The situation itself can't be changed, only the way people handle it. And I have no influence on anybody else, so all I can do is try to be moderate in my assumptions and statements, and go from there.

Thanks for reading my friendly neighborhood rant for the week :)

2 comments:

Visichy said...

Sorry you are stuck is such a crappy situation. I can sympathize... I've been there. Good luck with resolving it :)

Louisa said...

I know what you mean. I have friends going through a divorce right now and I just want to tell them to smarten up. There's too much history there to walk away from it, and their problems aren't of the magnitude that they should be getting divorced. They just don't want to see each others side and make peace. (From my point of view anyway.)