Saturday, January 19, 2008

Life Is Precious

This morning I woke up to a very sad post on one of the forums I belong to. A lady that I consider a dear friend lost her son to suicide last night. He was a handsome 25 year old with a new baby boy and his whole life ahead of him. This is such a heart wrenching tragedy, and a loss that will never be forgotten, especially by those who loved him.

All day I've been thinking about this friend, and how her whole world came apart in such a short time. I wonder if she's thinking that she could have done something different, or something to prevent it. I'm sure she just doesn't understand. I don't think I would, if I were in her shoes.

Life is precious - no matter what happens, always make sure that the people you love KNOW that you love them. Take the time to let people know that you care about them and that you appreciate what they add to your life. It might not prevent a situation like what happened to my friend, but it won't hurt matters, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

That's heartbreaking. That family must be devastated. You're right... life is precious. Thanks for the reminder. Hugs!