Monday, August 14, 2006

What a beautiful gift

I came home from work today to see a large box sitting on the dining room table. I wasn't expecting anything large, so I was curious as to what it might be. I was surprised to see it addressed to me, from a company called "TreeGivers." I kind of had a vague idea of what it was (not sure how many options there are with that kind of company name), but was still in the dark for the most part. So I opened the box. And once I took the newspapers and tissue paper off the item inside, I cried like a baby.

Two of my very special friends had a tree planted in memory of my Always Angel Quigley. It is being planted in Alberta, and I think it's a wonderful way to complete the circle of life. From Quigley's death comes birth . . . and that is exactly my kind of thing. There is a framed certificate, and a lovely note that was included as well. Now every time I drive through the province of Alberta and see a sapling, I will wonder if it's Quigley's tree.

Thank you to two VERY special ladies . . . this gift has truly touched my heart.

3 comments:

Visichy said...

Awwwwww, what a wonderful gift :)

Carlson02 said...

Awwwwwwwww... what a great idea for a gift. It works wonderfully for so many situations. I hope the tree has a happy life like Quigley did!

Louisa said...

Awwww, what a wonderful gift! I'm tearing up.