Monday, June 19, 2006

Go Oilers?

Well, as great as I think it is that the Oilers made it to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, I just don't think they're going to win. I'm rooting for them, of course, but the game is just not being played well by Edmonton at all. Granted, I'm an armchair fan - I couldn't skate and manage a stick for any amount of money. But after seeing a phenomenal Game 6 from the Oilers, this game is just disappointing.

The good news is the cooler weather. Woke up to raging thunderstorms this morning - even Farley was a bit taken aback by the noise. None of my dogs has ever been afraid of storms, but Farley was on my chest when I woke up, shaking a bit. Poor baby. He settled down once he realized that I wasn't worried, but it was an interesting way to wake up. So much for sleeping in this morning. It got sunny through the day, but it's cloudy again now, so hopefully it stays cool through the night.

Back in school this week - Business Strategy is the course. It's our Capstone course, which means it's meant to pull together everything that we've learned to date. So far it's pretty interesting, although we've only had a few hours of lecture so far. Our first case study was actually a military case study, which pulled together the various elements of strategy, fit and implementation nicely. I think it's going to be a good class.

Not much else to write about . . . life just isn't that exciting. But whether or not the Oilers win tonight, I am damned proud that they've made it as far as they have. It's been a great ride!

No comments: