Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sad News

Please pray for my brother and I, as well as our father's other family.

On Saturday night I got a phone call that my biological father passed away unexpectedly, from a massive heart attack. He was 64 years old. We have not had a relationship over the past 10-12 years - my parents divorced when I was about 6 years old, and he was in and out of our lives while we were growing up. I did visit him while I was in university, but then we lost touch. My feelings are all over the map right now, and I'm just trying to think it all through. I think that right now, my mourning is for the relationship that we never had. Now we never can. I always thought that losing him would be effortless, since we had no relationship or closeness. I'm surprised at the intensity of my emotions right now - sometimes I'm completely fine, and sometimes I have the lump in my throat and just want to cry.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

{Sarah} said...

Kelly, I am so sorry for you loss. I haven't had much time to read blogs lately, and if I do... even less time to comment, but I wanted to let you know that I love you and are thinking and praying for you. {Hugs}

Silverwood said...

Oh Kelly, I just found a minute to read your blog. I had no idea you were going through this tragedy. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your brother. Take care. Hugs.