Monday, December 11, 2006

When it rains . . .


Well, as they say, when it rains it pours. Poor, poor Farley has a rough, tough life. His tummy seems to be feeling better, thank goodness. So I decided to give him a bit of a trim. He hasn't had a haircut since before he got sick, so I wanted to tidy him up. I decided to scissor trim his ears, to get the mats and gunk out of them. I didn't want to shave his ears, as I wanted to preserve some hair. I planned to take the hair really short and close to the ear leather. At this point I'm assuming you've looked at the picture to the left, so you know my plan went awry (I have a wicked vocabulary!)
Anyhow, I accidentally cut his ear . . . pretty good. It bled like a stuck pig, I thought I was going to have to call the vet AGAIN. Farley was such a trooper - he yelped once and then just endured it. This dog is AMAZING!
My mom and I bought him a new sweater. Normally I don't keep the dogs dressed up, although they do wear seasonal outfits from time to time. But this sweater is made with really nice fleece, and it's been quite cold here. So we picked it up. I think he looks great in it, and he seems to enjoy wearing it. I think he looks like a little tuff guy!
Grace is doing well, although last time she bit Farley on the ear she got a "lecture" from him. Ooops! She keeps trying to nurse him back to health, and he keeps resisting her efforts. It's quite cute. She is a brave girl - we have huge snowdrifts around our yard and around the hot tub, and she jumps all over them like a mountain goat. It's too cute to watch!
Almost done with school stuff now . . . one more final and then I'm a free woman for a while. Yahoo!

No comments: